Sunday, September 16, 2012

Praise You, Lord, With All My Soul

He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” 
Revelations 21: 5a 

In the midst of deceit, turmoil, loss and mourning, my soul seeks refuge in You, Lord. Pain and tears belong to this world, but to You, the Most High God, I sing praises with all my soul. I praise You for I have nowhere to go. I praise You for You are my Redeemer, My Lord.

Praise the Lord, my soul;

all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the Lord, my soul,
and forget not all his benefits—Psalm 103: 1-2 

I praise You, because it is written:

 “The Lord works righteousness
and justice for all the oppressed.” Psalm 103: 6 

I praise You, because You are compassionate and Grace abounds in You. I praise You for you are Good and I find comfort in your Word that says:

he does not treat us as our sins deserve

or repay us according to our iniquities.
For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
so great is his love for those who fear him;
as far as the east is from the west,
so far has he removed our transgressions from us. Psalm 103: 10-12 


I praise You for you are my loving Father and,

As a father has compassion on his children,
so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him;
for he knows how we are formed,
he remembers that we are dust. Psalm 103: 13-14 

We are dust, indeed, and as such we have soiled the land You so generously gave us. We have soiled it with our sin. We have turned our backs to the light and now the whole world has fallen prey of the dark. But even so, I trust You and Your Word that tells us:


The Lord has established his throne in heaven,
and his kingdom rules over all. Psalm 103: 19 

Therefore, as I trust in You, who makes all things new, I join in the chorus and sing your praises even while in the pit of despair, even while in this dark world, even as I wait for the Light to come.


Praise the Lord, you his angels,
you mighty ones who do his bidding,
who obey his word.
Praise the Lord, all his heavenly hosts,
you his servants who do his will.
Praise the Lord, all his works
everywhere in his dominion. Psalm 103: 20-22

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.