Thursday, August 8, 2013

Best Antidote Against Worrying: Filling Your Mind With All Things God

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Philippians 4: 8

“If you are worrying, you are not praising, and if you are praising, you are not worrying.” These were the wise and inspired words a dear friend wrote me back in reply to my nervous ramblings about doctor appointments, test results and such unknowns. I remember her telling me that before, but the impact of the thought at the precise moment left me speechless. It was exactly what God wanted me to remember at that exact time.

Praise His Name, for He is Elyada, the God who Knows, and He knows what we need and He provides it, for He is Jehovah Jireh and He is always on time.

He has reminded me that it is a matter of surrendering to Him and allowing Him to take control over my thoughts and my frame of mind. It is a matter of intentionally choosing to fill my spirit with Him and surrounding myself with all things good, all things God. And what better way to do that than praising Him without ceasing for His presence and power, for He is El Shaddai, the Lord Almighty.

So today, a day before an important doctor’s appointment where I’ll get significant news, I will praise Him. As the twinge of nervousness begins to creep up my spine, the words of my friend will flood my brain and I will Praise! I don’t want to worry. It is useless. It changes nothing. Its only purpose is to blur our vision and shift our focus. It is a weapon of the enemy whose greatest desire is that we distrust God and whose greatest victory is to make us turn our eyes away from our Savior.

Today I resolve not to fall for the trap once again. So I will Praise God the Healer, Jehovah Rapha, for He sees me, loves me and has my name written on His blessed palm. I’m only as far from His heart as the distance of His outstretched arm. 


Blessed be His Holy Name! My Lord, Adonai, El Elyon, Sovereign over all.

Linking with Be Simply Better

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.