Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Empty Bedrooms


En empty bedroom has to be among some of the saddest things in life.  That must be why some of us have the tendency to fill up with junk the empty bedrooms in our houses.  We turn our empty bedrooms into catch-all rooms to pretend that someone really messy occupies them.  Hmmm

I still remember when I was a young girl and my sister left home to go to college.  Boy, was that a sad moment in my life.  I would stare at her empty bed knowing that life as I knew it had forever ended.

The bedroom my parents shared for almost fifty years sits empty miles away today too...Life as I knew it, has forever ended.

Today, I have an empty bedroom in my house once again, and it is truly sad...I can't help walking by that bedroom and looking at it, longing to see it filled with life, only to see it completely bare.

This time, however, I am not going to clutter my recently emptied room.  Instead, I am going to fill it up with the hope of a return to occupancy.  That empty bedroom is going to stay pristine, ready to receive anyone at a moment's notice!  Because with an empty room comes the anticipation of a visit, and I'm going to hang on to that thought.  

Although an empty bedroom may be among the saddest things...I am going to think of it as a promise.

"Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. "In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. "If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also.…John 14: 1-3


P.S.:  Buen viaje, Rosi...pronto regreso...

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.