Wednesday, August 28, 2013

God's Holy Ground

I have spent the entire summer pondering the issue of fear. Health concerns that came up right at the beginning of the season have kept my anxiety high. Therefore, fear has been my constant companion. I am nervous about the many unknowns and my soul struggles to find rest…So the one strategy I’ve been using to cope with worry and fear has been meditating on Scriptures that exhort us to not be afraid.

Today is one of such days where I seek the comfort of Scripture to steady my heart. The good thing is that there are plenty of passages to choose from…that should be a hint, huh? One of the most obvert commands from God to His people is “Do not fear.”

My comfort today comes from Isaiah 41 where the prophet delivers God’s Word to his chosen ones.

I have chosen you and have not rejected you.
So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41: 9b-10

In these verses I hear the Lord asking me to remember that:

1. He chose me!

2. He won’t forget about me

3. He is with me

4. His presence is enough to calm any fears

5. He provides what I need, including strength to overcome any situation

6. He got me by the hand.


The Lord is clear, I need not fear, but I continue to be afraid. Why? What else do I need? Well, I need to remember one more thing, that the battle is in the spiritual realm and that there are forces that try to snatch me/us from the hand of the Most High. I need then to be aware and to tell the enemy to stand behind. I must summon the power of the victory of Christ in me to smash the deceiver’s head, stomp it with my foot, and claim my place as a Child of God.

I know it may sound radical to some, but to me, spiritual warfare is real. It is the enemy’s attempt to make us weak and to drive us away from God. But our Faithful Father is there telling us

For I am the Lord your God
who takes hold of your right hand
and says to you, Do not fear;
I will help you. Isaiah 41: 13

So I pray that my ears may not be closed to the voice of the One Who Chose me. After all, I don’t need to be strong. It is His strength what carries me through. I will continue seeking comfort in His Word, and I will aggressively tell the enemy to stand back because where I stand is God’s Holy Ground!

Linking with Simply Helping HimWhole Hearted Home

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.