Thursday, November 7, 2013

The Gift of Friendship



“His love for us knows no end. He knows our every need. He knows that as women, we will need other women to comfort and lift us up when we are weak and stumbling. Not only has he given us his Son, the Holy Spirit, and his Word, he has now given us a piece of heaven on earth, each other. Amazing.”

My dear friend’s comment on my post from yesterday prompted me to ponder deeply about the divinely appointed friendships that the Lord has blessed us with. Her words have profound resonance in the female soul because of the truth they speak of. They speak of the truth of the way He made us. I don’t know about you, but I surely need other sisters in Christ around me constantly! But specially in my hour of need. The comfort we draw from each other’s presence is priceless and hard to explain. It is part of our essence as women, I believe. I am no expert in the psyche, but I am a woman, and although I recognize individual differences have a lot to do with the way we feel and react to things, in my case, I thrive when I have other like-minded, godly women around me.

I try to be there for my friends in whatever way I can...even if it is only through the words I type in this blog. Likewise, I receive the much needed hand on my back from the women the Lord has so lovingly placed on my path.  They each reach me in very distinct ways, each one catering to my different needs (which are many!) through their own individual talents and gifts. Some offer their inspired words to make me meditate. Some offer their encouraging words to help me breathe again.  Some offer me their experience.  Some offer me their gift of hospitality, kindness and thoughtfulness.  There are those who offer me their talented cooking! And some others offer me their quiet presence, their shoulder to cry on, their ears to listen to my plight, and their comforting embrace. They all contribute in their own personal way to help me along My way, by making it smoother and bearable.

As my dear friend pointed out, He has given us so much in order for us to endure the hardship of this world. Once we refocus our eyes and really see, we cannot do anything but praise Him for His Goodness. He has given us Himself to save us, the Holy Spirit within us to sustain us, His Word to guide us, and our friends and sisters in Christ to walk with us.

Amazing, indeed!
Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!

Linking with:Graced Simplicity



No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.