Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Scared Pumpkin

Well, the other night we were surprised...I was surprised, I should say, by our first snow of the season.  I say I was surprised, because, though not completely unexpected, once on the ground, the snow did surprised me.  It really hit me when I woke up and I saw everything covered by the white stuff.  Facing the reality was a lot harder than hearing the forecast.

That morning, when we looked out the window, we saw the pumpkin my husband and youngest son had carved a few weeks earlier, looking like this


Of course the scene was hilarious...but at the same time, it was a vivid representation of how I felt or how I would feel a day later...today...after I found out my husband lost his job of almost 13 years.

Here I am/we are, entering yet another storm that, though not completely unexpected, once we entered it, the reality of it feels a lot different...a lot harder.

I find rest in remembering, however, that He is the Lord...even in the storm...because He is the Lord of all storms.  And He has never abandoned me before.  And He will not abandon me now.  That's why today, I claim and hang on to the words in 2 Samuel 22: 29-31

You, Lord, are my lamp;
the Lord turns my darkness into light.
With your help I can advance against a troop;
with my God I can scale a wall.

The impossible is now doable.  In Him who is Light, I will advance against any and all troops...though I am no spider woman...with My God, I can even scale a wall!  I certainly do not understand His plans nor begin to comprehend His ways, but I know that they are the only ones I want to travel.

“As for God, his way is perfect:
The Lord’s word is flawless;
he shields all who take refuge in him.

So even though I may look/feel like the scared pumpkin on the floor of my deck, I know that it will only be for a little while, just until He turns darkness back into light.

Linking with: Whole Hearted Home

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.