Friday, November 15, 2013

Never Crushed...

Once again, the Lord shows me His faithfulness in beautiful ways.  Today, a day in which sadness overflows from my pores as I live through the first anniversary of my dear Father's passing while trying to navigate through life's challenges, God allowed me a moment of respite when, in the still of the early morning, I opened my devotional and I read the following:

"Completely surrender your hurt to Him, withholding nothing, and invite Him to work miracles from your misery."

At first, I kind of chuckle...then, I sighed.  Finally, I did invite Him to work His miracles out of my state of ... well... misery.  He is the only one who could do it.  I cannot pull myself out of this one on/by my own.  Only He has the plan and the tools to carry it through, so that I can come out victorious on the other side. Therefore, I must surrender my hurt, all of it, to Him...withholding nothing.  He can handle it.  And as He handles it, He gives us a way to handle it too from our end.  He gives us Himself, whose presence is the source of all peace. He gives us His Word, which comes alive in times of trial!  He gives us His children, our brothers and sisters in Christ, to walk with us and be the manifestation of His love here in this world.

Therefore, one thing is for sure, we will overcome!  Because, even though we might be in the middle of tough circumstances, we shall always remember...

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 2 Corinthians 4: 8-9



No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.