Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Am I Going to Be OK? Give Me a Break



Activating my God-given, internal stop light called the Holy Spirit, by hiding more and more Scripture into my heart takes time and intentionality. However, it is so very important for volatile people like me to not skip this step. The Spirit floods me with the Word at exactly the right moment when I need it most. He creates a perfect “flow” of Bible verses to settle my nerves and allow me the strength to pause long enough so I can name the feelings I’m experiencing.

Naming the feeling is important because it gives me a level of control and ownership over them. Naming something or someone is a powerful act of authority. He/she who names the pet, owns it, right? He/she who names her emotions, may be closer to be able to control them. In other words, if we are able to exert authority over our emotions, we have most of the battle won…because we would be more apt to master them, rather than letting them master us.

None of these things are automatic, though. They develop over time and through constant prayer and intentionality. That’s where patience comes in handy. Praying without ceasing for the Lord to grow the fruits of the Spirit within us is a must.

It’s not magic…it’s life. Therefore, let’s not be so hard on ourselves that we stop trying…I’m talking to myself here…

The thing is that we should not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. (Galatians 6: 9)

When we have set backs, and we will, instead of letting the enemy win as we quit; we need to persevere, repent and pray! We need to give ourselves a break and move on.  Otherwise, we would be letting the enemy gain more of a foothold in us…

So, let’s not despair and continue to lift up our heads and our hearts to the Lord of All who reigns in our lives and is the King of all that we are. He will not leave us in the pit. He will pull us out again, and again until that glorious day when we see Him face to face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.