Friday, December 22, 2017

Am I Ready for Christmas? I don't know...Maybe?


Once again, I wake up distressed thinking I'm not taking time ... setting time aside, to meditate on Christmas... I feel as if I'm the Inn-keeper, telling Joseph: "sorry, no room."

I don't know what to do?

Then, I read my morning devotional and I believe that the Holy Spirit pointed me to a way of looking at my dilemma from a different perspective:

"it's not about 'doing' ... it's about receiving."

I know, I feel like Charlie Brown's sister, Sally in that little Christmas short where she is writing a letter to Santa or a school theme, I can't remember, and she says:  "Christmas is about the joy of getting." 

That short episode always makes my kids laugh! and me too...but this morning, I wonder if Sally is up to something?

As I think about my morning reading and what the Holy Spirit prompted me to meditate on, Christmas IS about the joy of getting.  It's about the joy of receiving the living Christ in or soul and renewing our mind to encounter His presence within us.  It is about the joy of receiving the Light that will guide us to an eternity with Him. 

"Come to Me and rest in my presence...the mystery of Incarnation is beyond your understanding.  Instead of trying to comprehend...learn to follow and fall down in humble worship..." (Sarah Young, Jesus Calling)

Praise and Worship, that's what Jesus wants.  "My Lord and My God!" the words of the apostle Thomas when He finally realized Jesus was God...(John 20:28)  That's all He wants.  Jesus wants us to have that Thomas-moment and worship Him in humble adoration with whatever we've got... a little drum, a beautiful voice, a broken down spirit, a patched up heart, a frazzled mind, an anxious soul...it doesn't matter.  We don't need to "do" anything...we just need to come to Him in adoration and humbly accept His gift...the only gift that truly matters...

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.