Thursday, December 7, 2017

Am I Going to Be OK? Too Many Feelings



A while ago, Dylan was joking about the two of us having way too many emotions. I don’t know where he heard that expression, but I agreed with him. He and I are very similar that way. We might not show them in public often, but we are a bundle of nerves and feelings…actually, everyone is!

I mean, really! The reality is that everyone feels. The thing is that we all have different ways to express what and how we feel. A person without feelings is, simply, not a person!

I remember at the beginning of our relationship, I used to call Dan a robot. He was just SO cool and collected all the time. I have to admit that often I did things just to see if he’d lose it a bit. Later I realized that he has just as many feelings as me. But he just doesn’t wear them on his sleeve the way I do.

God designed us to have feelings and emotions. They are God-given qualities. They remind us that we are alive. They are precisely what make us human. And that is exactly what God wants us to be: alive humans!

Had He wanted a bunch of heartless, reason-only, analytical beings, He would have created Himself a bunch of C-3POs…though even he shows emotions, that’s why we love him, right?

And that’s exactly it! How would we ever love if we couldn’t feel anything.

God is Love! Of course, He couldn’t create us any differently. In all our imperfection, God granted us a heart big enough to love. What a gift!

Too many emotions? Well, yes! I’m human! What do you expect? Out of control at times? Yep! I’m not fully grown yet! Unable to keep the heart guarded? Right again! That’s why I need a Savior!

I’ll try to get back to what the book says regarding how to guard our hearts tomorrow, for today, I just wanted to celebrate the fact that feelings and emotions are a true gift, and as such, I receive them and express my gratitude to the Almighty who granted them to me and to all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.