Thursday, August 1, 2019

Love Without Measure


"Most of mankind's misery stems from feeling unloved," says today's devotional readings in the book Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.  That is a profound true, often disregarded.  The beauty of it all is that we have a Loving Father who doesn't let us forget how much He loves us...just so we don't feel unloved...

The funny thing is, sometimes, in the depth of our stressful, frazzled, frustrating, busy, messy, confusing lives, we don't even know that what we need is just to be reminded of the fact that we are truly, immeasurably, unconditionally and abundantly loved.  Good thing we have a Heavenly Father who knows our every need even before it becomes known to us!

Like this morning...as I woke up already inundated by the overwhelming tasks waiting for me today, deeply saddened by the fact that it is August 1st which means summer is almost over...and carrying the weight of a million real and imagined burdens ... I grabbed my devotional readings, and guess what?  the last 3 all spoke to me about the immensity of God's love...

By the time I put down the last one, I couldn't help but to be in awe. 

I was going to write about pruning today, and about how scared that whole concept makes me.  Instead, I feel an overflow of God's love that moves me to glorify Him and to share it, because, when you're overflowing, it just spills over unto those around you, and there's nothing one can do to stop it! So, here I am...not knowing I need to be reminded of God's infinite love ... and there He is ... pouring into me, filling my cup even without me asking for it ... just so I can testify of the truth found in Ephesians 3: 18b19 as to...

 how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

WOW... here I am, feeling unworthy ... and there He is: lovingly showing me that I am His own forever, because...

...neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8: 38-39

Not even my own self-deprecating and self-defeating way of addressing my struggles will ever lay a brick on a wall between God and me, because such a wall would never be built.  I am loved, deeply loved, dearly loved, multi-dimensionally loved, unimaginably loved and nothing will ever change that truth...and the same is true for you.  

May we all, then, rest in the assurance that He knows us, loves us and never forsakes us.  May we all, then offer Him our all...all to Him... 
to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. (Ephesians 3: 20-21)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Gisela! I read this devotional today too. I really like Jesus Calling.

    ReplyDelete

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.