Wednesday, March 4, 2015

I Cling to His Plan!



Worry is my name…yep…one thing I do know how to do well is worry. Nobody had to teach me the art of sleepless nights, sweaty palms, accelerated heart beat and obsession…I arrived fully proficient in the subject. I worry about…pretty much everything. I guess I’ve always had a degree of nervousness and anxiety, but, O boy, did I go to graduate school the day I became a mother… yikes! Those two boys are my ever increasing source of worry…but it does not end there. I worry about it all. I don’t discriminate…I actually run an equal opportunity worry shop in my heart and mind.

It is exhausting…

That is why today I cling to His plan. He does have one and it is perfect! I don’t presume to understand it, but I choose to trust it. I have no other alternative since doubt only leads to despair. No matter how much in control we think we are, we are not. This life is not our own. Therefore, obsessing about our wants, desires, plans and designs only brings frustration, disillusion and more stress. It is best, then to rest on the foundation built for us, custom-made for us by the Master Designer and Builder! It is best then to declare,

LORD, I know that people's lives are not their own; it is not for them to direct their steps. Jeremiah 10: 23

And accept that,

In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps. Proverbs 16: 9


A person's steps are directed by the LORD. Proverbs 20: 24a

And once and for all just trust His plan…

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29: 11

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.