Tuesday, March 3, 2015

There is Power...



Sometimes I feel exhausted, drained…powerless…I look at the news and I shudder. I look at our society and I tremble. For those who want to live their lives as followers of the Way, the Truth and the Life…it seems like there are bad news everywhere. Things seem to be taking a turn for the worse in the world. Life as we have known it seems to be spinning out of control.

But…hasn’t it always seemed the same? Hasn’t every generation felt this way? Evil has roamed around in the world during the ages, so why am I surprised that there is evil now? The question should be, rather, where do I find the strength to face it? Where do I find the hope?

Where do we find the power to stand on the side of Christ?

And the age-old answer is that we find it in His Name!

That’s why today I cling to the Power of the Name of Jesus!

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities-- all things have been created through Him and for Him. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. 
 Colossians 1: 15-17

The power of the Word is contained in His Name. And His Name will be glorified even if the world refuses. Even if there is no one left to worship, He will be worshiped. For the world will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of God regardless of the disdain of the inhabitants of the Earth. (Habakkuk 2: 14)

All will fear the Lord…

Who will not fear you, Lord, and bring glory to your name? For you alone are holy. All nations will come and worship before you, for your righteous acts have been revealed." Revelations 15: 4

The unfathomable power of the Name of Jesus sustains me and goes with me as I walk along the weary roads of this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.