Thursday, May 18, 2017

Abeyance

Well, I was talking about how there has been a recurring theme going on in the messages I've been getting from the Lord.  Lately, I've been hearing a lot about how I need to surrender to Him...funny...2017 is the year that I chose the word "surrender" as my guiding word...hmmm...

The messages have all been about surrendering my plans...not an easy thing to let go of.

I don't know about you, but I like to keep a tight reign on my plans.  I like my plans.  They make sense to me.  I want them to go...well...as planned.  I don't like deviations.  I don't like changing them. I like everything to go just the way I...well...planned it.  The Lord doesn't operate like that, though.  He has His own plans.  And the thing is that, more often than not, His plans...well...are not my plans.

Today's reading, of course, went according to plan, and spoke to me about my plans.  It said: "Come to Me with your plans held in abeyance."

...hmmm...

I had to stop right there.  You know why?  Well, because I didn't know what the word "abeyance" meant.

So, I looked it up.  The dictionary said that abeyance means kind of like a temporary state of suspension...of dormancy...of uncertainty...

After I found out the meaning, I decided I did not like the word "abeyance."  I don't want to hold my plans in a state of suspension or dormancy.  And I particularly did not like the idea of holding them in a state of uncertainty!  No way!  That is exactly why I make plans.  So I know what's going to happen and I don't have to have any uncertainty!!

Well...God has other plans.  He wants me to subordinate my ideas: plans, to His Master Plan.  He wants me to accept the fact that He is Sovereign over every aspect of my life.  He wants me to trust Him.

...sigh...

Then, I looked at the definition again, and realized that there is a qualifier in there.  The word "temporary" is tucked in there behind all those other scary words.  When I saw that word, I began to feel more comfortable.  Maybe God only wants me to suspend my plans for a little bit...hmm...

I don't really know the Mind of God.  It is unsearchable, indeed!  But what I do know is that I need His help to create in me a new heart....a heart of flesh that would submit to His will in peace, without fear, trusting that His ways truly ARE higher than my own lowly, pathetic ways and that His plan contains the best for me, because He loves me and He knows best...even if I don't understand it...even if I don't want to let go.


No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.