Sunday, November 21, 2021

Thanksgiving Journal: Thank you For New Bedford Church!

 Today as we celebrated Thank Offering Sunday, we had a guest Pastor who made me realize one of the biggest blessings the Lord has been so gracious to bestow upon me and my family:  Our beloved Church.

I don't know where I'd be without New Bedford Evangelical Church.  One thing is for sure, I probably would not be writing a thanksgiving journal right now, that I know.

The guest Pastor referred to our Church as an Oasis at the end of a winding road.  I loved that imagery.  In the the middle of all the chaos, pain, loneliness, headache, fear, stress, worry, sorrow, grief, loss, confusion, doubt and hardship of this life, New Bedford Church truly is an Oasis...a place where we can find respite, support, a shoulder to cry on, people...brothers and sisters rather, who are always willing to help us carry our burdens, to share in our heartbrokenness, to lend us a hand when in need, and also to have fun with, to laugh and rejoice, to worship and fellowship, to walk alongside this rocky road of life and to look forward to spending eternity with. 

I don't have to imagine what life would be like without New Bedford Church.  I experienced it and it was horrible.  New Bedford Church is were we belong, not just me but our sons too.  We were adopted into this family and I Praise God for finding us such a fine home. I Praise God that He gave this Church to Dan and that we were blessed by the ability to continue the membership through the years.  From Bible Studies, Circles, Sunday School, Youth Group, Kid Zone, Christmas Dinners, Bazars, Concerts, Cantatas, and Retreats to Funerals, Prayer Vigils, the emptiness brought up by Covid, YouTube broadcasts, quiet confessions, sad conversations in the hallways, tears, goodbyes, all the way to the bright orange Sanctuary, being a member of New Bedford Evangelical Church has been one of the most profound ways in which Jesus has shown me His mercy and love...and for that, I am most grateful today and every day.

May I be able to give back a portion of all I have received during my years as a child of New Bedford Evangelical Church.  In Jesus' Precious Name.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.