Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Thanksgiving Journal: Thank You for Your Giving Nature

Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. 2 Corinthians 9: 7-8

We know we are called to be imitators of Jesus.  We know that involves following after His steps to live a selfless and sacrificial life.  And, what that means in simple terms is: to cultivate a giving nature.  Jesus gave and continues to give Himself to us on a daily basis.  How often do we take that for granted?  I don't know about you, but I know I do...very often.  I take it as a given that He is a Giver...when, in reality is not a given...it is a gift...it is Grace.  And like with any gift, He does not have to give it.  But, it is His nature and for that I am most humbly thankful.  

The God of the Universe has looked at me and decided He loved me...I don't know why...why me...I'm the most unlovable creature.  Even my kids say I'm an angry dinosaur all the time...why would God choose to love me and bless me?  I don't know.  But I'm grateful.  His Loving and Giving Nature move Him to compassion and patience in a way that He is able and willing to bless us abundantly, like Paul says, so that we can have all we need and be ready for every good work He has planned for us.  Thank you, Lord for equipping us to be who You made us to be.  

As I praise Him for being the Great Giver, I remember my calling: to be a giver as well.  That's part of the good works He has designed for us.  That's part of the circle of giving: to receive so we can give.

Thank you, Lord for every perfect gift.  And, please, move me to give myself to Your people as You gave Yourself to me.  In the Precious Name of Jesus.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.