Friday, November 26, 2021

Thanksgiving Journal: Thank You for Your Ever-present Help




"The Lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him." Psalm 28:7

God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging...
...The Lord Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress. Psalm 46: 1-3, 7

As we empty the dishwasher and put away the last of the silverware, I open the fridge and a bright glare of foil paper reflecting the light blinds me.  The assortment of containers storing Thanksgiving dinner leftovers are a reminder of another year of family gathered together enjoying the blessing of laughter and noise filling the house.  We missed some who couldn't attend in person, but at least we "visited" virtually for a few minutes. We shared, we reminisced, we created and now we store new memories into our minds and hearts for which our souls rejoice.

Looking back at Thanksgiving Day I want to lift up Praises for the real reason four our gratitude.  It's not about the turkey, the mashed potatoes that we forgot, the delicious pies or the sweet wine.  It's not even about family and friends.  It's not about a beautiful home and the warmth of a comfy blanket.  It's not about the means to go shopping for deals.  It's about the Ever-Presence of the Giver of All Things.

Today, as the glow of Thanksgiving Day gets dimmer, I want to be intentional about expressing my gratitude for Jesus, My Lord and Savior, My Refuge and Strength, My Ever-Present Help all the time.  I pray that even if I have nothing, I can still offer my thanksgiving to Him, the Lord Almighty, My Fortress.  In Christ's Precious Name.  Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.