Thursday, November 11, 2021

Thanksgiving Journal: Thank You for Your Power

 Yesterday, one of my students came to my office to take a make-up test for one he had missed.  I made sure I reminded him to bring his laptop so he could take the test since it was an online quiz. No big deal, right? Well, the student shows up, I open up the test so he can access it in his laptop.  He starts taking it...10 minutes into the quiz, he said:  "My computer just died."  I was like, "what do you mean?"  He was like, "it died."  So I looked at him with a question mark on my face, then, I'm like, "you mean, it ran out of power?"  He said, "yeah..." I said, "well, here's the outlet..." But, he kept looking at me, not moving...so I knew what the problem was: he did not bring his charger with him. 

This incident reminded me of me and how, oftentimes, I go into life's tests with my batteries low and without a charger in hand.

How do I expect to even get through the test without the most basic tools: my source of power.

God's power, empowers me.  His strength, strengthens me.  I cannot do anything without Him.  And He charges us with His power each day depending on our circumstances...but we have to be able to plug into Him. We need our charger.  And, what's that cord that connects us to Our Source of Power? Our desire to seek Him first. 

The Word says:

Look to the Lord and his strength;
seek his face always. Psalm 105: 4

Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice! Seek the Lord and his strength; seek his presence continually! (1 Chr 16:10-11).

The Lord is with you while you are with him. If you seek him, he will be found by you, but if you forsake him, he will forsake you (2 Chr 15:2b)

Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you (Mt 7:7).


But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6: 33

And these verses are just a small sample of all the instances in the Bible where we are called to seek God, and how in doing so, we are blessed with His power, strength and presence.  Just like my student's laptop was just a useless device without the charger to bring it to life, we have no possibility to be used by God without remaining connected to Him through our constant seeking of His Face.

Today, I thank Our Lord for empowering us, and I pray that the Holy Spirit will continuously inspire us to fix our eyes upon Jesus...our source of all power and might.  In His Precious Name.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.