Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Thanksgiving Journal: Thank You for Being Patient

I have very few qualities that I can claim as virtues, and patience is NOT among them.  I have to say that I have mellowed quite a bit in my old age.  But...ugh...just ask Dylan...sigh.

Because I am such an impatient, short-tempered, overreacting person, I'm actually able to appreciate or/and truly admire patience in others.  Not that long ago I told a dear friend, "boy, if I were you, I had punched him in the face already!"  And you know what the funniest thing is?  The closer the person is to me and the more I love him/her, the less patient I am.  Go figure?!

Take Dylan, for instance...the kid and I are closer than dirt and nails...but he has the ability to drain my small patience jar with just one word...sigh...I love him more than anything, but man, can he drive me insane!!!??

Today, I am most grateful for the reality of God's patience.  It is inexhaustible.  It is never ending. And for that, I am humbled and on my knees with gratitude.  I am so glad that God's love for His children is not like mine.  His love for us is perfect.  His love for us is the visible representation of what 1 Corinthians chapter 13 states:

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. 
1 Corinthians 13: 4-8

His love never fails...what a beautiful assurance.  Knowing this is the kind of love that God lavishes on us fills my soul with peace and joy.  May we learn to love like that.  In Christ's Precious Name.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.