Monday, November 8, 2021

Thanksgiving Journal: For the Unchangeable Nature of God

I kind of like change.  But, only when I can orchestrate it.  I want to get a new car, but just because I like a particular new model...not because my current car stalled and left me stranded in the middle of an intersection.  I want to buy a small house because I like the idea of not having to clean 3 bathrooms and a big kitchen...not because I lost my job and can't afford the payments of my big house now.  

Life, however, doesn't always deliver changes in a neatly wrapped gift bag.  It often just dumps them on our laps unexpectedly...and the weight many times is so heavy that it knocks us off our seat.  Everything can change in an instant...

But, you know what never does...or rather, Who never does? Yep, God.

Today I am grateful for the unchangeable nature of Our Great God.  

For I the Lord do not change; therefore you, O children of Jacob, are not consumed. Malachi 3:6

No matter how society, families, friendships, relationships, countries, seasons, weather, perspectives, opinions, elections, traditions, school, and every single thing in life changes, God never does.  We can rest in confidence knowing that the one constant is Our Heavenly Father.  Our trust is based on this truth.  We trust because we know He is trustworthy and He will always be so.

In this moments when life seems just a bit too uncertain and our steps feel too unstable, I Praise Our Lord for the fact that He is always the same.  Please help us remember this truth when we are walking through our dark valleys.  In the Precious Name Above All Names.  Amen!

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. Hebrews 13:8

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.