Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Thanksgiving Journal: Thank You for Being the God Who Calms My Storms

 I've always struggle with fear.  My nervous nature causes me to hit the panic button at the first sign of something not going according to plan.  I worry too much and I make a mountain out of a mole hill...my boys tease me all the time about it.  The latest one is Dylan saying:  "Why is the fan on??? The WORLD IS GOING TO END!!!"  sigh...

The reason Dylan has been saying that is because a couple of weeks ago I made a big deal about the fan in the living room being on when it was less than 40 degrees outside.  Anyway...yes...I can't deny it...I tend to overreact mostly because I tend to let fear take over me very quickly.

Over the years, though, the Lord has been teaching me that He is the God Who Calms My Fears, and for that I am most grateful.

When situations come up that shake me off my core...He reminds me that I can come to Him for comfort and peace, trusting His plan and His designs for my life.  The problem is that for most of my life, I have ignored His reminders.  I have made it a habit to just react in fear when something happens that I wasn't expecting.  Lately, however, The Holy Spirit has been hard at work in my soul and in my heart, causing me to pay attention to His promptings more closely. 

Today, I felt His arm wrapping around me as I had an issue in one eye and had to get it checked by a physician. Typically, this is the kind of situations that would have sent me over the edge...but, thanks to His Word, and the people He places around me, I was able to get through the testing without breaking down.  And, in His Faithfulness, He not only kept me calm, but He delivered me.

I trust that the longer I walk with Him in this valley of sorrow, the deeper my trust in Him grows and the more I am able to lean on Him in my moments of anxiety.  

For now, I just want to Praise Him, for He is my Refuge and Strength...my Strong Tower...My Peace...My Redeemer...The Lover of My Soul...The One Who Calms All My Storms.

In the Precious Name of Jesus.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.