Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Thanksgiving Journal: Thankful for my Dad

 Today would have been my Dad's birthday.  However, he is no longer celebrating birthdays in this physical realm.  And, I'm not sure how this birthday business works like in Heaven.  BUT, when he was still with us, this sure was a super special day.

The thing is, today is also Panama's Independence Day.  So, needless to say, the entire country was in a celebratory mood during my Father's birthday.  He was the Principal of our then one and only High School and a beloved figure in the entire town.  Even today, 9 years after his passing and almost 40 years after he retired as Principal, people still remember him fondly.  

So, as my Thanksgiving Journal continues, I would like to give thanks to our Heavenly Father for giving me an exceptional earthly Father.  He was a rock in my life, a pillar that supported me, my biggest fan, the one who always believed in me even when I didn't...the one who loved me unconditionally and the one whose embrace I missed more than anything in the world.  When he left this valley of sorrow, I felt as if someone had removed the floor from under my feet...but I am confident that one day we will meet again.  

Until then, I Praise The Lord for the gift of giving me my Dad.  Most of whom I am today is due to whom he was.  May he be enjoying and rejoicing in the presence of Jesus, Our Savior and the Healer of all wounds.  In Christ's Precious Name.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.